2. Who are we and what do we do?
(a) We are Wyre Forest Books, ("we", "us" or "our”) and we are a physical and online bookseller.
(b) Wyre Forest Books is a Partnership between Mrs Calne Edginton-White and Mr Nicholas Farress whose business address is 54 Load Street, Bewdley DY12 2AP.
(c) The Partners are the data controller responsible for processing your personal information.
3. How to contact us?
4. What personal information do we collect and how do we use it?
(a) Our primary purpose in collecting personal information from you is to:
· verify your identity;
· help us improve our products and events and develop and market new products and events;
· carry out requests made by you;
· investigate or settle inquiries or disputes; and
· use as otherwise required or permitted by law.
(b) Specifically, we use your personal information for the following purposes:
· We collect and maintain personal information that you voluntarily submit to us during your use of our website or whilst in store.
· We use the contact and payment details you have provided to us so that we can fulfil the supply of products and services you have ordered from our website, or in our store.
· This includes your purchase of products, your attendance at events hosted by us and the processing of returns and refunds.
(c) We will share your personal information internally with our staff, and with the following categories of third parties:
· To verify card payments and process refunds – banks, credit card companies and other payment providers;
· To deliver products and process returns – delivery and courier companies;
· To organise events – any applicable third party hosting the event and third-party ticketing companies such as Eventbrite.
(d) The legal basis for collecting and using your personal information in this way is that it is necessary for us to use your personal information to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you for the supply of goods and services.
5. Customer support
(a) Our website and store use various methods to allow you to request information about our products and events.
(b) These can include printed and electronic enquiry forms and a telephone enquiry service.
(c) Your contact information may be requested in each case, together with details of other personal information that is relevant to your customer service enquiry. This information is used in order to enable us to respond to your requests.
(d) We only share this data internally with our staff.
(e) The legal basis for collecting and using your personal information in this way is that it is in our legitimate interest to use your personal information in such a way to ensure that we provide the very best customer service we can to you.
6. Marketing communications
(a) We may carry out email marketing using your personal information.
(b) We may send you marketing communications by email to inform you about upcoming events and promotions in store.
(c) We will only send you marketing communications where you have consented to receive such marketing communications.
(d) We obtain your consent either via our website, a specific request that you have made via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via a form that you fill out whilst in store or at one of our events.
(e) We share your data internally with our staff.
(f) We will not transfer your data to countries outside of the EU and we will never “sell” your data to a third party.
7. How do we protect data?
(a) We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the performance of their duties.
(b) Where we engage third parties to process personal data on our behalf, they do so on the basis of clear instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
8. For how long do we keep your data?
(a) Where we are holding your data for the fulfilment of products and events, we will hold your personal data for a period of 12 months following your purchase or attendance at an event, after which it will be deleted.
(b) Where we are holding your data for customer support purposes, we will hold your personal data for a period of 12 months following your purchase or the resolution of your enquiry / complaint, after which it will be deleted.
(c) Where we are holding your data for email marketing communications, we will hold your personal data permanently unless you unsubscribe from our communications. In which case we will delete your details.
9. Your rights
(a) As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
· access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
· require us to change incorrect or incomplete data;
· require us to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
· object to the processing of your data where we are relying on our legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
· ask us to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override our legitimate grounds for processing data.
(b) If you would like to exercise any of these rights or to make a subject access request, please contact: email@example.com or write to Wyre Forest Books, 54 Load Street, Bewdley DY12 2AP.
(c) If you believe that we have not complied with the relevant data protection legislation, you can contact the Information Commissioner – contact details are:
Information Commissioner's Office
0303 123 1113